Lithium based solar energy storage systems (SESS)
BobolinkSolar specializes in building complete lithium battery packs.
The benefits are clear:
- 20% more efficient charge/discharge than traditional storage systems
(like getting 20% more usable power for free)
- Easily use high drain appliances
- Greatly reduce maintenance
- Enjoy far longer lifespan (2 to 3 times)
- With much lower install size you get more storage space!
- Lower lifetime cost
- Safer with no off gassing, toxic residues
- Even safer with BobolinkSolar exclusive YellowBird harness and RedWing BMS
BobolinkSolar has built SESS from 1kwH@24v to 25kwh@48v. From camp lights to full home needs. Each system is rigorously tested. Designed and built to make your solar life easier.
Join the many families that are using a better energy storage system — the BobolinkSolar PowerWing!
Contact Kelvin to begin your lithium SESS build
[contact-form-7 id=”1273″ title=”Build me a battery sir!”]
Bobolinksolar PowerWings are built from premium quality lithium modules.
* 2.25 kw per battery module (48v 47ah)
* ideal for solar storage off grid
* should last 10 plus years
* highest quality LG Chem cells
* includes harness and RedWing BMS!
* cells are tested and come perfectly balanced
* solar charging with any good quality reliable controller
* generator or grid charging with any adjustable 48v charger/power supply
* discharge with any good quality 48v inverter
These LG Chem Car modules are comprised of 47Ah cells arranged in a 3p12s configuration. They are rated at 150 amps. We recommend air cooled/heated in solar storage applications. The modules have integrated connector with cell level connectivity for BMS or monitoring systems. Hence the added value of the YellowBird harnesses and RedWing BMS. Both developed here in North America with assembly in Lanark, Ontario.
Capacity/module: 47Ah, 2.25kWh
Height: 11.0 Inches
Width: 9.55 Inches
Length: 9.2 Inches
Weight: 42 Pounds
Bolt Size: M6
Voltage nominal: 3.85V/Cell, 46.2V/Module
Charge voltage cut-off: 4.05V/Cell, 48.6V/Module
Discharging cut-off: 3.3/Cell, 39.6V/Module
Maximum Discharging Current (10 sec.): 150 Amps
Charge: 5 and 45C.
Discharge: -25 and 60C
Warranty Period: 7 years (prorated)
Note: LG Chem improved the chemistry every year. Starting with Gen 2 they have better temperature tolerance and cell voltage moves to 3.85. Gen 3 now has higher amp storage. The batteries can be used down to -25C. But should only be charged between 5 and 45C.
*Max charge voltage is 48.6 for longest life. Exceeding 50.4 not recommended. Low voltage cutoff should be 39.6v. Below 38.4 not recommended. This gives you about 80% of the batteries capacity. And should extend the lifespan by double.
Solar storage perspective: If you discharge a lead acid pack 20% you should get 5 years of life. So each lithium 47a module, with an 80% discharge rate) is usable power comparable to a 150ah (48v) lead acid pack, but it lasts twice as long and charges at least 20% faster. It can also handle high discharge if you want to use high surge electric tools or appliances. No maintenance. And can be stored indoors because, no off gassing. Only periodic cell monitoring required.