The Victron 250v solar controller lineup soars
60 and 70 amp SmartSolar models now available
The advantage to the 250v solar controllers are two fold. One, you can run more panels in series. This reduces costs/setup time. And in some circumstance allows for more panels to be installed in a given space. Two, you can run longer distances with thinner wire. Also reducing costs. This is an important consideration for those with shaded roof tops.
The Victron solar controllers are, to my mind, the best available in 2017/18. The costs are exceptionally competitive. These are BobolinkSolar’s go to recommendation. In either 150 or 250 configuration.
Victron 250 SmartSolar link. Opens a new tab.
For even longer distances from your off grid battery bank, see the Schneider 600/80. This controller allows you to more easily install your panels up to 1,000 feet (300m) from your home.
Schneider 600/80. Opens a new tab.
Key features of the SmartSolar
- Bluetooth Smart built-in: enables set-up and monitoring with a smart phone or other Bluetooth enabled device.
- Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT).
- Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions.
- Battery Life: intelligent battery management by load shedding.
- Automatic battery voltage recognition.
- Flexible charge algorithm.
- Over-temperature protection and power de-rating when temperature is high.